Being verified on one or more social media platforms has many benefits. While some conspiracy theories brag about the advantage of verified profiles on the algorithm, there is no proof behind such statements.
This page will focus on concrete reasons why anyone would benefit from being verified on social media websites.
7 Reasons why you should get the blue checkmark #
- It builds social proof. With the proper conversion funnel, social proof quickly turns into new visitors, customers and sales.
- It protects your brand identity. The verification checkmark is not just a pretty badge. It’s common for professionals and influencers to have impersonators. Having a verified profile can easily show everyone you are the real one.
- Pop-out in searches and comments. You will not think twice before clicking a verified profile when they comment on your posts, videos or tweets.
- Increase brand awareness. With companies multiplying by the day, establishing a strong brand awareness is essential to be recognized and stand out amongst the crowd.
- Get access to exclusive benefits. Companies such as Twitter and Spotify give verified creators access to additional analytics. New features and beta invites are usually rolled out to established profiles before anyone else.
- Build trust between you and your followers. It’s easy for someone to pretend they are Brad Pitt’s new official profile and buy a few thousand fake followers. Internet users are aware of this and are constantly looking for clues that establish trust and give them the peace of mind and control they would have when talking with someone in person.
- It shows that your account is of interest to the public. This can open many doors to artists, freelancers and companies. People and businesses will most likely be more willing to contact you and collaborate with you once you are verified.
One verification drags the others #
Did you know that some platforms, such as Twitch, actually require you to be verified on another website to get the coveted verification badge? Every social media website highly regards verification badges on external platforms.
Being verified on one platform (whether it’s Instagram or Twitter) can immensely help get verified on other websites with less effort.
Having one or more verified profiles on social networks can help build social proof, protect you from brand/identity theft, and build trust amongst your followers and the companies that approach you.
Need help getting your profiles verified? You are in the right place. Check out our services or contact us if you are interested.